- Salmon fillets x 2 (300-400g)
- 1/4 cup of natural honey
- 40ml of soy sauce
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp of minced or grated ginger
- Rice and steamed/boiled veggie of choice for serving(I like carrot and zucchini or broccoli)
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, ginger and spring onion in a small bowl.
- Place the salmon fillets into a large bowl, container or snap lock bag. Cover with glaze and leave for 30mins minimum.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil for the rice and then cook accordingly. You can cheat and use the microwave rices if you like. We don’t have a microwave but you can heat them for a few minutes in a pan with a small amount of water.
- Pick veggies for boiling and peel and cut to desired size. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add veggies. Cook until desired softness
- Heat a saucepan on low-medium, add salmon and excess glaze. If the salmon has the skin on place this side up and cook it last. Cook salmon for roughly 4-5mins per side depending on the thickness
- To serve, place the rice first and use as a bed for the salmon. Add salmon ontop of rice and drizzle with extra glaze left in the pan. Add veggies to the side and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy