-400g rump/flank steak, thinly sliced
-2 tbsp wholemeal flour (optional step)
-90ml soy sauce
-3 tbsp water
-3/4 tsp minced ginger
-3 garlic cloves, minced
-pinch of chilli flakes
-1 shallot, sliced thinly
-Mix of any stir-fried vegetables you like (I used broccoli, carrot, capsicum and brown onion)
-2 tbsp olive oil
- Toss sliced steak in wholemeal flour using a zip lock bag if using.
- Heat a frypan on high heat with olive oil.
- Place tossed steak into the heated pan in batches cooking for approximately 30 seconds-1 minute per side. Once all steak is cooked, set aside.
- In a bowl mix soy sauce, honey, water, garlic, ginger and chilli flakes. In the frypan bring the sauce to the boil and then leave to thicken for 5 minutes or so.
- Once sauce is boiling and thick, lower heat slightly and add cooked steak and your stir fried vegetables to the sauce and mix. Leave to sizzle for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and toss through the shallots.
- Serve with boiled rice and enjoy!