-400g chicken breast/thigh, scored
-1 large sweet potato, diced
-1 red capsicum, diced
-1 small zucchini, diced
-1 red onion, cut into 6th
-handful of cherry tomatoes
-80g of chorizo, sliced
-4 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
-1 tsp dried thyme
-1 tsp paprika
-1/2 tsp oregano
-1/4 tsp chilli flakes
-Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large frypan on low-medium heat, add some olive oil and then the sweet potato. Cook turning so that all sides are browning.
- While potato is cooking, place thyme, paprika, oregano, chilli flakes and salt and pepper into a small bowl. Mix well.
- Coat chicken in the spice mix.
- In a separate frypan on low heat, add some olive oil and then place the chicken in, the garlic cloves and the rosemary sprigs. Cook slowly, turning once starting to brown.
- In the potato frypan, add the capsicum, zucchini, onion and tomatoes. Cook flipping and stirring veggies around every few minutes.
- When chicken is almost cooked through, add the chorizo to the mix and cook for 5 minutes or so.
- After chicken is cooked through, add all contents from the that frypan to the veggies pan. Stir and mix thoroughly to ensure flavours will combine.
- Cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Great paired with some homemade sangria!
***This recipe can also be a sheet pan dish. Do this by placing all veggies in a large baking tray drizzle in olive oil, top with spiced chicken and chorizo. Place garlic and rosemary evenly around the tray. Bake at 160-180 degrees Celsius for approx 30-45 minutes.