- 400g chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced/grated
- 3/4 cup of shallots, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- pinch of cardamom and coriander(optional)
- 3 tbsp oat flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients besides the flour into a bowl.
- Mash and stir until well combined and smooth in texture. If you have a blender you can blend these ingredients instead.
- Add flour 1 tbsp at a time and mix in. Repeat until you have mixed through all 3 tbsp.
- Refrigerate mixture for 1-2 hours.
- Make into patties, it should make around 4-6 depending on size.
- In a frypan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook falafels on medium heat until both sides are golden brown.
- Enjoy with your choice of salad or veggies. Great served with hummus and/or yoghurt dip!